Cayenne pepper has been prized for thousands of years for its healing power.
It is totally shocking to realize that most doctors, paramedics, and military medics in the field do not commonly know this very simple piece of technology.
During the civil war, where shrapnel injuries were great, a tremendous amount of amputations were performed. The not so bright doctors used a hot iron to cauterize the amputated limb and some 35+% of the victims either died or got severe infections and complications. The smart doctors had a bowl of red-hot cayenne pepper powder, which they simply slapped on the amputated limb for 60 seconds and even with such a severe injury, cauterization occurred.
Today, most good herbalists know that the uses of cayenne is extremely broad with many purposes other than stopping bleeding. One of the very best, but a difficult book to get is called A Layman’s Guide: Curing With Cayenne and it’s Herbal Partners by Sam Biser.
Another good book, which is out of print, however, you might be lucky enough to find a used copy.
The Health Benefits of Cayenne. The Amazing Spice and It’s Curative Power in Colds, Circulatory and Digestive Problems, Respiratory Ills, Infections and More. By John Heinerman, Ph.D. Author of The Health Benefits of Garlic.
For your emergency First aid kit, you should get extra hot red cayenne pepper powder.
This is what you can use it for:
1. An open cut that’s gushing with blood. Slap copious amounts of cayenne pepper onto it and hold it down with pressure. Silently, slowly count to 60. By 10 seconds, most small veins and arteries will stop bleeding and certainly, by 60 seconds, even big arteries will start to stop bleeding. (Externally, cayenne pepper is a vasoconstrictor. It tightens and closes down the blood vessels.)
2. Sometimes, due to severe menstrual issues or post childbirth, women can have uncontrolled bleeding. This can be handled by taking one cup of warm water mixed with 3 or 4 tablespoons of extra hot cayenne pepper. Use a turkey baster to inject the cayenne mixture in the vaginal area and tell the patient to hold it in for as long as they can. This will save their lives and they won’t be mad at you.
3. Internally, cayenne pepper is a vasodilator, meaning that it opens up the arteries. Cayenne pepper can be used for emergency strokes, heart attacks, and even more commonly used in conjunction with other herbs to force other herbs’ medicinal properties into the blood system to the targeted areas.
The above three points sum up some 600-1000 pages of text on the subject of cayenne. So there is a lot to learn about cayenne. Yet, the basics are the above three points.
In my First aid kit, I carry two types of cayenne pepper.
1. Extra hot cayenne pepper powder. I buy the East Indian Extra hot cayenne pepper, but I will also carry regular extra hot cayenne pepper as well.
2. Cayenne pepper tincture, (cayenne pepper soaked in alcohol, usually Vodka or Everclear). This is best used for increasing blood flow for fainting spells, heart attacks, strokes, and adding to other herbs.
3. Super Tonic. This is my favorite form of cayenne pepper.
Habanero peppers, bird peppers, Serrano peppers, other East Indian super hot pepper powder, Chinese peppers, EverClear Grain Alcohol, horseradish, fresh ginger, fresh garlic.
It is a Vasodilator (artery enlarger). It’s purpose is increase the speed of the blood circulation, increase oxygenation. Cayenne pepper is the most potent healing agent among herbs.
For those who suffer from poor circulation, heart attacks, strokes, this is the magic formula to maintain good blood circulation and in an emergency, could substitute for Nitro to kick start the heart.
Cold and Flu:
To get over colds and flu, one can increase the blood circulation thus delivering greater amounts of nutrition, oxygen, and the removal of waste. In addition, it will increase the white blood cells’ speed of attack and increase the rate of one’s immune system.
CAUTION! This Super Tonic tincture is made from SUPER HOT peppers. The solution is 250,000 to 300,000+ heat units. So, in emergencies, such as a heart attack, of course, you would use it straight. But, for colds / flu you will follow the below instructions.
Normally, use or for cold and flu conditions, 1-4 eyedroppers full at the bottom of a glass, then add only 1-2 tablespoons of fruit juice or milk and swallow without tasting.
For heart attacks or strokes: In an emergency condition, skip the juice and/or milk and directly consume the tincture. Give the person 1-2 full eyedroppers of the tincture. If one does not see an instant response, immediately give another 1-2 eyedroppers. If this still does not make the person significantly better, get someone to call 911 and immediately add another to 3-4 eyedroppers (those who have serious heart problems and circulatory problems somehow can tolerate this super hot material).
You want the person to regain consciousness, sensibility, and most importantly to feel the heat in their stomach. Hopefully the heat is somewhat radiating out toward their spine.
Once the correct dose is determined, apply the same dosage every hour on the hour until the person is fully recovered*. This generally does not take more than 2-3 dosages after the initial dose.
Fully recovered*- regains consciousness, sensibility, no longer cold, blood returns back to the face and general body skin tone, skin color is back to normal for that person.
The experiments & handlings known to us at this point on determining dose for MAINTENANCE for those recovering from heart attacks or strokes:
1. Start with two glasses, one small glass (6oz. or less) for the super tonic tincture, and a second glass (8–16 oz. large glass) of fruit juice, water or something to wash it down.
2. Start with 2 eye droppers full that is about 40 eye drops, add only 1-2 tablespoonful of fruit juice so the person can just “SHOOT” IT TO THE BACK OF THE THROAT WITHOUT TASTING IT.
3. After 1-2 min. ask the person whether he or she felt the warmth in the stomach.
4. If they didn’t feel it start upping the dose.
5. Next give them 4 eye droppers full and add only 1-2 tablespoonful of fruit juice
6. After 1-2 min. ask the person whether he or she felt the warmth in the stomach.
7. If no. Continue to increase the dose.
8. Next give 2 teaspoon and add only 1-2 tablespoonful of fruit juice
9. After 1-2 min. ask the person whether he or she felt the warmth in the stomach.
10. If no. Continue to increase the dose.
11. Next give 2 tablespoon and add only 1-2 tablespoonful of fruit juice.
12. Next give 4 tablespoon and add only 1-2 tablespoonful of fruit juice.
13. Once the dose is determined, one can take Super Tonic 1 –5 times a day as needed.
14. As the circulatory system starts to heal, smaller dose will be needed.
15. The highest dose I have seen is 4 tablespoons, 3 times a day.
Once the emergency is over the person can go on to a maintenance dose of 1-2 eye droppers full or 1-2 tablespoons full 2-3 times a day. This should prevent future strokes and attacks and start the healing process.
Disclaimer: Natural Plus Plus, LLC. & Go Beyond Organic (hereinafter “Company”) and the Company staff, owners and associates are not doctors and do not diagnose, prescribe for, treat, or claim to prevent any disease. Our mission is to provide information which the individual may apply according to his own free choice. Herbs and herbal formulas are classed as foods; any mentions of them and any dosages suggested are intended solely as nutritional support. No health claims of any kind are made for any product or formula mentioned herein or in any Company’s literature. Any statements made about our products have not been evaluated by the FDA. If you have or may have an illness, consult your licensed health practitioner. Contents of this letter and enclosures are Copyright 2000 by Natural Plus Plus, LLC.
If you would like more information about Super Tonic please call 727-447-2344