Turmeric has many more Natural Secrets…
Did you know that turmeric helps the body handle cholesterol build up in your liver and arteries? According to a study done in 2005, rabbits that ate a high fat diet showed significantly less fat “buildup” (cholesterol) in their arteries and livers.
Cholesterol is the fatty deposits (plaque) that builds up on the walls of the arteries, blocking blood flow. This is a primary concern for middle-aged or older people, as plaque accumulates in the liver and arteries from a diet rich in homogenized dairy products and cheese. This study is significant for people who have high cholesterol issues, and goes to show once again, how Mother Nature provides us solutions from our natural environment.
What else does turmeric do?
• It helps the liver by stimulating bile production and it encourages the gallbladder to excrete bile, improving the body’s digestions of fats.
• Turmeric has similar liver protecting compounds as milk thistle and artichoke leaves.
• Turmeric is said to shrink engorged liver ducts and has been useful with liver conditions such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, and jaundice.
• Turmeric is a highly rated antioxidant, and so has proven beneficial in restraining the growth of various cancers, and has been used internally and topically with skin cancer.
• Turmeric may help prevent the formation of blood clots in arteries.
• Turmeric is an antispasmodic so it reduces digestive and menstrual cramping and helps to balance the hormones.
• Turmeric is an external antibiotic used to prevent topical infections.
• Turmeric helps inflamed mucous membranes, and so helps the body heal giardia conditions.
• According to a study published in Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, turmeric delivers benefits as a sunscreen and can increase production of sebum* for skin hydration, which keeps skin supple and prevents wrinkles as you age.
Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology
www.livestrong.com “Fat Deposits in the Arteries,” “How Do I Eliminate Fatty Deposits?”
Clin Ther. 2005 Mar; 27(3):336-41
The wealth of information in the Ayurvedic medicine never ceases to amaze me. The Chinese and Indians have used it for centuries to ease inflammation in muscles and joints, and the digestive tract.
This is why I created our Turmeric fermented brew called Rest Easy™ with large volumes of organic and inorganic minerals to really turbo charge the properties of turmeric. Rest Easy™ is probably one of the very best natural turmeric tonics in Mother Nature! Try it. You might like it!
*“Sebum” is the Latin word for “fat”. It is the oily secretion of the Sebaceous Glands which keeps the hair and skin moisturized and prevents them from cracking, turning dry and getting brittle.